Played by Ellie
Human with Civil Demon
White Rabbit
Artist/Mad Hatter
11 Threads
149 Posts
Content Restrictions

Posted | 05-15-2018, 11:14 AM

Lily did not advertise her abilities. After all, having great power came with a lot of attention, and while she knew she was strong, that she could easily deal with any issues that came along with having people know she could do... frankly, miraculous feats with her Biomancy? It was a pain in the ass. Which was why, in general, she avoided letting anyone know about what she could do and how well she could do it. It just made things easier, that way.

Of course, she didn't count on Angel. Angel, who was pregnant and who she owed a few favors to, for helping her when there were a few... difficult cases to solve. Angel had looked out for her when she first came to the city, and she couldn't just spit in her face about it, now could she?

Which was why she was waiting in the park for a woman in a wheelchair, a good friend of Angel's. Angel wanted her to help her walk again, so she would. It would be her good deed for the month, she decided. Now the woman just had to show up.

Find Ellen Blackburn

Quote Post
Played by Marinko
Human with Civil Demon
Legion
Crime Scene Cleaner, Medical Examiner in training
14 Threads
184 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 05-15-2018, 12:30 PM

Ellen's eyes flicked around anxiously for the person she was expected to meet in the park. Her heart had been racing all day, this was going to be such an important meeting, the kind of thing that, if it went well, would change her life forever. It was something she was equal parts scared and excited to face. Scared because she knew if this woman couldn't, or wouldn't, be up to the task, that her fate was sealed for the rest of her life. However, if she was willing and capable of helping Ellen, it would give her a second lease on life.

The girl's sickly pale face was clearly flush and glowing as she approached. Her hands were folded in her lap, tightly pinched between her knees to keep herself from fidgeting around too much. Menahem walked behind the chair as usual, pushing her along. He had a pair of twisted crutches bound to his pack by a thin cloth wrapping. Ellen had used them very long ago during physiotherapy after her accident. She was unsure if she would be able to properly walk even if the physical damage was completely healed, as she would need to remember the action of doing so, and her muscle memory had likely faded away after so long.

The duo approached the park bench tentatively, her bright blue eyes looking wide and wistfully towards the red headed woman she could only assume to be the Lily Angel had mentioned. Ellen gave a little half wave, her hand rising from her lap, and an awkward smile. "H-hi there! You're um...you're Angel's friend right? I'm Ellen." She squeaked out nervously, bristling her shoulders upwards defensively, scared of what the woman might say. More than anything in these kinds of situations, she dreaded the idea that she was talking to the wrong person. After all, they hadn't met before, Ellen had found this girl based off looks alone. She hoped she would be spared the embarrassment of a misidentification.

Find Lily Ander-Moon

Quote Post
Played by Ellie
Human with Civil Demon
White Rabbit
Artist/Mad Hatter
11 Threads
149 Posts
Content Restrictions

Posted | 05-15-2018, 12:43 PM

Lily looked up when she was approached. The girl was in a wheelchair, which was the first inclination that she was the correct person. The white hair, the butler-like demon pushing her chair… and, more importantly, she seemed to know Angel. She was quiet a moment, and then?

She grinned.

“You must be Ellen. That’s right—I’m Lily, Angel’s friend. Well, more associate than friend.” She smiled a little wryly. “She’s a little intimidating to get to know, with her aggressive cheerfulness and motherly nature. She mentioned you wanted me to look at your legs? See if I can take care of them. And if so, actually do the taking care of.”

She was fairly certain she could do it. There was very little Lily couldn’t do when it came to repairing injuries. She eyed the crutches, and she smiled wryly. “You won’t need those when I’m done with you. Shall we go somewhere more private? I’ll need to touch your legs to get a good feel for what I’m doing.”

Find Ellen Blackburn

Quote Post
Played by Marinko
Human with Civil Demon
Legion
14 Threads
184 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 05-15-2018, 12:54 PM

Ellen let out a breath as the woman responded with smile and welcome. She seemed nice, and she was definitely the right person. That set her a bit more at ease, and it was clear the tension in her body dissipated as the woman introduced herself. Ellen giggled at the comments about Angel and gave a little nod. "She can be a little much at first, but she's really nice once you get to know her. After all, she's doing this for me." Ellen explained, obviously pointing out how kind a gesture it was for Angel to introduce the two of them. She gave another shake of her head. "Thank you, I'm in your care, I hope you can help me, I mean...that'd be just incredible." She said whimsically, her eyes shimmering with a desperate hope, the kind of light seen in the eyes of lost children.

Ellen smiled and her brows perked up at the woman's information that she wouldn't even need crutches, she shifted forwards in the chair a bit. "You really don't think so? I didn't know what to expect so I brought them but...you really don't think I'll need them?" She asked, voice peaking a high tone with her disbelief and exasperation. She was shaken from the shock by the more tangible request. "Ah, mmm, that's probably for the best. This isn't exactly a clinic." she said, looking around, another giggle escaping her coral lips. She braced her hands on the wheels, ready to follow closely behind Lily.

Find Lily Ander-Moon

Quote Post
Played by Ellie
Human with Civil Demon
White Rabbit
Artist/Mad Hatter
11 Threads
149 Posts
Content Restrictions

Posted | 05-15-2018, 01:28 PM

Lily chuckled and said, “I believe it… she’s a good woman.” She was then mentioning a change of venue. The woman was so… trusting. It was strange to think. She was just lucky Lily was mostly a good person. She took her to a hotel nearby, and rented out the room for the full night. “I won’t actually be staying here, but it’s easier than taking you home to do it.” She said it easy enough, and set her bag on the table.

“Now then. If you wouldn’t mind taking off your pants? I promise I won’t get too handsy.” She winked at Ellen, teasing light on her voice, in her tone.

Find Ellen Blackburn

Quote Post
Played by Marinko
Human with Civil Demon
Legion
14 Threads
184 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 05-15-2018, 01:42 PM

Ellen was hesitant to enter a hotel room wit ha stranger but, this woman was Angel's friend, she trusted Angel, even if she didn't entirely trust Lily. However, Lily seemed equally as kind to her, and she really had no reason to mistrust the woman in any way. "Mm, makes sense. I think this'll do fine. Maybe we can order room service." she joked, laughing at her own comment like a true dork.

Her happy and carefree expression shifted to surprise and apprehension as she was asked to remove her clothes. She ad expected as much but the way the woman said it and the coy wink she gave made Ellen's cheeks flare crimson and her eyes instinctively dart to the floor. She paused a moment before fiddling with the button and zipper of her pants, slowly pulling them off to reveal her sickly atrophied legs. Menahem was quickly to help her onto the bed. Ellen looked at Lily expectantly.

"So um...is this going to hurt?" She asked, a genuine fear on her face. Flashes of her encounters with a cruel demoness in the past had her fearing another painful encounter regarding her legs. She would bear the pain if it meant walking again but...she was desperately hoping it wouldn't be like her encounter with Ananke.

Find Lily Ander-Moon

Quote Post
Played by Ellie
Human with Civil Demon
White Rabbit
Artist/Mad Hatter
11 Threads
149 Posts
Content Restrictions

Posted | 05-15-2018, 01:47 PM

Lily’s eyes softened, and she chuckled. “We could, if you wanted. I know I’ll be hungry after I finish this. Oh, maybe we can order pizza?” She hummed to herself as she took her jacket off, setting it on the bed. She sat cross legged at Ellen’s feet, and then her eyes softened. She considered her for a moment, and then she shook her head.

“No. It can hurt, yes, but I won’t make you be in pain for this. Not everyone knows, or has a strong enough mastery over their Biomancy. But I can deaden the nerves in your legs to keep you from feeling the pain as I repair the damage to your legs. Then, when I finish, I can fix the nerves. At most, your legs will tingle, like they fell asleep.” Her eyes were gentle, and she carefully reached out, pressing her fingers into her legs.

Her hands moved over the expanse of skin, searching for the places that needed repairing. She was focused, her eyes unfocused, as if she were looking at something that wasn’t there. And she was. She was looking inside of Ellen, in a way, following the pathways of the nerves and shutting them down, to keep her from hurting from this.

Find Ellen Blackburn

Quote Post
Played by Marinko
Human with Civil Demon
Legion
14 Threads
184 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 05-15-2018, 02:18 PM

"I like pizza, but I think I'll go for a jog after this." She said, beaming with joy at the thought of that being more than just a joke response. She could run and jump and skip around all she wanted after this. That was beyond exciting, and if it did work, she would certainly be off to happily try out her new mobility. Ellen took a deep sigh of relief at Lily's reassurances. She was so happy to hear she would not have to suffer again. It was pain so indescribable the last time she was unsure if her mind could handle experiencing it again. "Good, that's really...really good. Thank you Lily, I was...I didn't want this to be like the last time." She said, leaving her experiences vague as she had no interest in talking about what she had been forced through and reliving those painful memories.

"You must really be incredible, to have such a command over your power. It's really amazing...you could really help a lot of people." She said, smiling pridefully at the woman. She truly admired the kind of capability she had to help others, in many ways, she wished she possessed a similar power. Prickling tingles of annoyance stung at her as she thought of her own dominions, the abilities created for little more than destruction, could she ever use them to help people?

Ellen's attention was pulled from this dwelling by the sight of Lily's hand moving towards her leg. She flinched away instinctively, but quickly clenched up her arms and steeled herself, keeping her body still and slowly easing back into a more relaxed state as Lily kept her promise, no pain erupting from where her fingers prodded her skin. She watched silently as Lily worked, not wanting to distract or annoy the woman.

Find Lily Ander-Moon

Quote Post
Played by Ellie
Human with Civil Demon
White Rabbit
Artist/Mad Hatter
11 Threads
149 Posts
Content Restrictions

Posted | 05-15-2018, 02:30 PM

Lily hummed, and asked, “Last time? Did someone else try this on you?” She was only half listening, though. This sort of thing… she was good, but it did require her attention. But she knew that talking, telling stories, was a good coping mechanism. When she mentioned helping people? She nodded her head, exhaling a little bit and smiling softly. “I… want to help people. My brother would have wanted that.” She said it softly.

She focused on mending the parts that needed mending, and strengthening the muscles around it. Her legs were looking better as she worked, filling out as the muscles strengthened. She couldn’t get her into shape, but her legs wouldn’t look sickly, wouldn’t break as she tried to walk on them. That was the important thing. It took a while, and Lily looked a little pale as she rolled her shoulder. But then she started working on the nerves.

She smiled a little, and she sat back. There would be a tingling as the nerves woke back up, like having her legs fall asleep. “… That’s the very best that I can do, Ellen.”

Find Ellen Blackburn

Quote Post
Played by Marinko
Human with Civil Demon
Legion
14 Threads
184 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 05-15-2018, 02:43 PM

Ellen tapped the tips of her fingers together gently at the question. "Well...something like that. It wasn't...I never asked them to. It was not so pleasant and engagement as this." She said simply, shaking her head as the memories of her engagements with Ana returned to her. That demon was incapable of helping her, and even if she were, she was far too violent, far too angry to be of any help to anyone. Ellen felt a shiver down her back at the memory of the girl's face. She was pulled from that thought by Lily's own comment. Her brows curved downwards and the edges of her mouth drooped at the mention of the girl's brother. Angel had spoken briefly of his passing. Ellen didn't feel right pushing the woman on the issue, it wasn't her place, they certainly weren't close enough for it. "Ah...I'm sorry. I'm sure he would've been proud knowing you're doing this for me." She said with a sad smile, trying to offer some kind of condolence to the woman.

Ellen looked back down at her limbs. Her eyes with wide with wonder. It looked like someone else's legs, like she was staring at a stranger. It was amazing, incredible. Slowly she felt that sensation Lily mentioned, like a thousand little needles across her leg. She looked up at the woman. "So that's it..I can...try and walk?" She asked tentatively, slowly pushing herself off the bed. She planted a foot against the hardwood floor of the hotel room. It was cold on her foot. It was cold. She could feel the cold. She struggled to stand, teetering dangerously close to falling. Menahem grabbed her arm and hoisted her up, giving a solemn nod to his host as she beamed up at him. Ellen took a tentative step forward, the first she had taken in years, her hand clutching tightly to Menahem. It was only moments before she was taking step after step. She turned to Lily with tears streaking down her face, laughing like a little girl as she grinned ear to ear at the woman. She was walking. She was able to walk again.

Find Lily Ander-Moon

Quote Post
Played by Ellie
Human with Civil Demon
White Rabbit
Artist/Mad Hatter
11 Threads
149 Posts
Content Restrictions

Posted | 05-15-2018, 06:08 PM

When Ellen asked if she could try to walk, Lily smiled. “You may.” She moved so that the demon could help his host up. There was a warmth in her eyes as she watched Ellen move. It… made her heart swell. It sent a shiver down her spine, and an ache alongside it. This… this was something she would have wanted to share with her brother. She closed her eyes against the sudden pain, and then opened them again. She exhaled, and she made herself smile for the happy girl.

“Congratulations, Ellen. You’ve got your legs again. How does it feel?” She cocked her head to the side. She was sure it felt good, great even. But she wanted her to say it, to hear the words, to know that she had really, truly done a little bit of good in this world. That she had ended someone’s pain, at least for now.

Find Ellen Blackburn

Quote Post
Played by Marinko
Human with Civil Demon
Legion
14 Threads
184 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 05-15-2018, 10:43 PM

Ellen wiped the tears from her eyes and let go of Menahem's arm, able to stand on her own for the first time in years. She giggled softly. "It feels like I'm finally really living again. It's...amazing, you're amazing Lily. Thank you. I can't thank you enough!" She called, lunging towards the woman with arms outstretched, unable to contain her appreciation for what Lily had done with her, the overwhelming urge to hug her close overpowering her.

"I can't believe this...I...I'm not dreaming right? This is too much, I just..." she spouted clumsily, shaking her head, still unable to accept how things had really just changed. Menahem groaned before he spoke. "It is real girl, I assure you. You are your full self again, and you are ready to become more than what you've limited yourself to." he assured her with his booming bravado. Ellen released her hold on Lily and took a big breath, stepping back from the woman. A thought then popped into her mind.

"So um...do I owe you for this?" she asked, her hands instinctively reaching for her pocket to pull out her wallet. She had no idea exactly what this girl was expecting but at this point, Ellen was willing to give her the world on a silver platter for what she had given in turn.

Find Larks

Quote Post
Played by Larks
OOC Roleplayer
Unaffiliated
Dr.SexyBeast
9 Threads
380 Posts
No Content Restrictions

This post was last modified: 05-18-2018, 08:44 PM by Larks Posted | 05-18-2018, 03:15 PM

Ascension Gift for Ellen blackburn

Something is unlocked within yourself. You've walked down the DEATH path. You may choose not to walk this path, and forfeit the growth you've achieved. If you wish to follow it, you may choose only one of these roads to advance upon. Which will it be?

Ascension Choices

Death spells out an end, mortality, destruction, corruption also, for a man, the loss of a benefactor, and for a woman, many contrarieties; for a maid, failure of marriage projects. The reversed meanings are inertia, sleep, lethargy, petrifaction, somnambulism; hope destroyed.

Physical traits:
-pallor
-depression
-sunken eyes
-a scythe tattoo

Powers shared between all ascensions regardless of tier:
People now find you uneasy to be around.

Powers:
-Necromancy dominion is augmented
-Necrosis dominion is augmented
-Biomancy dominion is augmented
-Blood dominion is augmented
TIERS CHOSEN:

Death Tier 1. Ascension to "THE WEEPING WOMAN"
The weeping woman blames themselves for a loved one’s death or loss from their life, or perhaps caused it in truth. Destructive grief, grief that changes the nature of you down to your very soul, colors this dangerous path. The weeping woman is a figure of guilt and mourning.
You feel new possibilities within you. People now find you uneasy to be around. The dominions necromancy, necrosis, biomancy, and blood are now augmented. Your character may show unusual command of those dominions for their mastery.

COMPLETED

Subscribe to this thread