Find Alois Henche

Played by Onii
Solo Demon
Kairos
Alehkar Garieptol's Heir
20 Threads
394 Posts
No Content Restrictions

This post was last modified: 04-16-2018, 11:00 AM by Alois Henche Posted | 04-13-2018, 01:44 PM

...And who better to be more than familiar with them than a place like this?

Perched in the center seat in the back of the white classic Rolls Royce, a standard vehicle for the family of two crime bosses and their two heirs. Petite, porcelain and soft but with a stare that denied it. Silver like steel, harsh like ice. A little sprite whose dainty posture and drastically unassuming size belied the acrimonious judgement of a little god. Dressed so appropriately all the time, like something out of an older era. Lace and muted colors. Fragile like time barely kept her. Studious, the same as Father. Posture erect, shoulders back, hands gently piled into a crossed lap. Patient.

It had not been long since the destruction of Monai. Her old home, the place where all her things were once tidily kept. Hundreds of this. Hundreds of that. All polished, stored, and color coordinated. A god with a fickle interest in things and yet once she found something that pleased her wished to have all such varieties of it. The only thing one really could do was replenish their stores of what they'd once had, yes? And seeing as the little heir did not exactly have credit or debit card limits, she did as she pleased.

The vehicle doubled parked (always), and even then she did not move. Patiently waiting for the driver to release the passenger door for her, because she did not wish to touch it. Very selective about what she chose to touch. Once free she exited with such a light step and approached the jewelry store without a second thought towards the chauffeur she's left behind.

Behemoth was Father's territory. The official City Bank was a front for the crime boss's counterfeit operation. Naturally she felt at home here, and naturally the businesses here no matter the size had some amount of heightened relevance to her than others elsewhere. She'd never been here before but she was aware that everything here had been custom made. Perhaps she could have some of her old things replaced specifically.

The shadow demon did not ask questions. Not typically. Did not ask to be led some place. Did not ask where she might go to find this or that. Simply mingled in the space of buyers on the jewelry floor, parsed them out of her vicinity with a tug of their emotions via Empathy. Unsettled. Cautious. Unwilling to stand where they were, the hair of their necks standing on end. A noticeably large sized ring of personal space left to her.

Control.

“speaking” | THINKING

Find Xavier Rush

Played by Spirit
Solo Demon
Unaffiliated
jeweler
18 Threads
284 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 04-13-2018, 01:53 PM

The door to the jewelry store was a heavy metal affair. Good for keeping out criminals when it was locked. The two display windows were wide giving a clear view inside but also heavily barred with a crisscrossing metal affair that would make it very difficult to break into. It allowed the light to come into the store but at the same time was fairly forbidding. It was clear the owner was serious about security. Several cameras were set up along the outside of the shop and more were there along the inside.

Inside the store were three long glass display cases with multiple shelves of jewelry. Long black velvet lined boxes with rings, bracelets and a few brooches were scattered around the display cases. Made in gold, silver, white gold, rose gold and platinum they had a wide variety of precious and semi-precious stones set in their figureheads. Each counter had several tall standing displays from which a variety of necklaces hung. Each spread out along the branches to display them on their delicate chains or thick collar like affairs. Most of them sparkled with bright gems. There were mirrors set up on several of the counters for customers to look at themselves.

On the counter closest to the back wall was a cash register and a tall mirror for people to look at their entire bodies while wearing the jewelry. The mirror was wide enough for three people and the shop was mostly devoid of customers. The people looking warily at Alois and backing out of the store. Disturbed by her aura. They soon left the building and found other places to be.

Behind the counter stood a tall man. Well over six feet he was broad across in the shoulders with a well defined musculature and spiked brown hair. His beard was a bristling point beneath his chin. He was dressed in a white button down shirt and a pair of black trousers that hugged his hips and soft leather shoes. He wore no jewelry himself but he was looking at a ring through a jeweler's hoop and examining the crystal contained in the face. He looked up with a disgruntled expression when he realized the person he had been talking to was gone and looked around.

His attention focused on Alois and he reached out with his telepathy to see if he could sense what was within her mind. Curious as to the customer that had cleared out his store so thoroughly.

Find Alois Henche

Played by Onii
Solo Demon
Kairos
Alehkar Garieptol's Heir
20 Threads
394 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 04-14-2018, 11:41 AM

Head high. Chin up. Gaze exacting, brevity always. Control could manifest obnoxiously or it could manifest in quiet; tactful and cunning methods that made people think it was their idea. If you didn't mind the underestimation that came with your toys being blissfully aware that you were pulling at its strings, of course. Shadow demons were incredibly discreet as a mainstay, unless they wished to pretend to be something they were not. They could smile, they could laugh and dance about with such exuberance that one would consider them no different than their own kind - Empathy made that easy, sifting through the emotions they'd memorized like a ton of recipe cards in their head to make the perfect persona. Cunning creatures, slipping around society in the most discreet ways, never so much as glanced at more than they wanted themselves to be.

But now she was standing there in his midst, having parsed out any distraction; because, of course, if she were interested in wares it would be her that should naturally have the attention necessary for her to make purchase(s). Smooth movement, a gait that seemed very clearly like a trained one, cutting but fluid and steady. A peer into her mind and it was like static: a low hum like from an electronic running somewhere in the off distance. And a projector for things she could feel that were relayed through her neural pathways. The sounds of emotions. Of emotions not her own. Things she was picking up with Empathy. A strange sensation, a strange thing to hear or feel. But of course, the most interesting thing in her head was quiet, still and organized. Nice and neat and controlled. The voices of the things that spoke to her and she spoke to were silent, put away for a rainy day.

Obedient was the word.
But only when she was in control.

it is much smaller than the old one, was the thought of hers that came through, and as her eyes skated across the walls it was apparent that she was talking about the store. The 'old one' had been in Monai, unfortunately. Gone with everything else. If she was bothered by the severe difference in height there was neither a look in her eye that suggested it nor a thought in her head that spoke of it. Such physical things, such tangible things. But once she stood before the counter it was incredibly apparent that she had to physically lift her head beyond its usual scope to look up at him. “Hello.” the same greeting as her mother would give, though it was leagues less exuberant. “I wish to see rings that will fit me please. I no longer have mine.” she was sure they would make the rodents in Monai's ruins very pleased to have. But searching in all the rubble for things she could have replaced was beneath her.

“speaking” | THINKING

Find Xavier Rush

Played by Spirit
Solo Demon
Unaffiliated
jeweler
18 Threads
284 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 04-14-2018, 11:49 AM

Xavier was, perplexed. Her mind was a strange place and he found himself cautiously aware that he wasn't entirely sure what was before him. But he had to admit she was beautiful in a sleek and slender manner. Like a finely crafted sword. His mouth dried a little was desire spiked into him. He wondered if she would be one of those who paid with their bodies. She seemed cool and reserved but that sometimes hid the deepest fires within them. He smiled to himself beneath his beard and clasped his hands together before him. His muscular arms flexing beneath the fabric of his shirt. His voice was a low cool growl as he looked down at her.

"Very well. Please raise you hand so I can judge your ring size and then I can take you over to the rings that might fit you. Each is custom made and unique. I do all of my own work."

He was mildly irritated at the thought he heard that his store was small. It wasn't the largest shop in the City but he was proud of it. He made a very good living and he wasn't trying to run a major business. A larger shop would demand more employees and he didn't like having a lot of employees running around. Few people understood his desire to take sex or domination in lieu of payment and he didn't feel like explaining himself to them.

He considered that if one day he found the perfect slave he might train them up to be a good store employee, but so far he hadn't found anyone who could meet his standards. That they might be an equal never occurred to the dragon. He was arrogant enough to feel as though he had no equals and so far he hadn't run into anyone who could prove him wrong.

Of course he had never met a Henche before.

Find Alois Henche

Played by Onii
Solo Demon
Kairos
Alehkar Garieptol's Heir
20 Threads
394 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 04-14-2018, 12:24 PM

The Legendary Empath was aware of so many emotions around her - including his. She could not read minds and she did not have the context to what she felt but she knew the outline of it and oftentimes that was all she really needed to know in order to facilitate whatever it was more and more, plucking at the marionette strings and playing a child's little guessing game to get the right emotion by guessing what action would bring it about. A mischievous creature despite how steely she appeared to be, like a sprite that spent its days tugging at hair and biting shoulders. She had no real reason for doing it on most occasions, similar to how children played games they could not explain the appeal to. It simply was.

At the prompt, she raised her hand over the counter to display the circumference of her fingers. Narrow and long for such a small thing. Sculpted tight, with the subtlety of the bones portraying such beautiful morphology. “Why? Do you not have workers to do the work.” perhaps an issue with branding. Behemoth's notoriety system is hardly kind to small businesses, I suppose. She'd noticed that the sales floor seemed rather empty - and not necessarily because of her. No bartering salesmen walking around with the sole intention of greeting her and pandering to the way she looked and what she might like. Pandering and attempting to get her to buy many things, pricey things, while meanwhile she played with their emotions to put them in a spot where they could not help but give such a lovely thing a generous discount. A switch of who the predator was - or, simply, they'd mistaken the identity of what they were hunting. Such an unassuming form came with many benefits, of course. A short, lithe creature with hair so blonde it was almost white, barely 100lbs such that it could be lifted up like nothing. Something virgin to be tarnished or protected...but neither of those options were ever really your decisions to make, were they? Not when she decided how you felt. A cruel little god.

“speaking” | THINKING

Find Xavier Rush

Played by Spirit
Solo Demon
Unaffiliated
jeweler
18 Threads
284 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 04-14-2018, 12:34 PM

"I'm my own boss. I like to keep the store uncluttered and I find a lot of employees don't meet my standards. They don't understand my business practices and I don't have time or the desire to try and train up some people who are just going to fail me. Besides, if I gave my employees the chance to make sales I couldn't accept some of my preferred payment methods."

He grinned in a lascivious sort of way. His piercing blue eyes studying her as he considered her long slender fingers. His mind running through the various things he'd enjoy seeing those fingers do. He was not in the most professional of moods today and he was hoping this slender little icicle would melt for him. His mood was aroused and domineering as he examined her hand.

Finding the size with the skill of long practice he got out a tray of rings from beneath the counter. They were marvelously crafted bands. Some were wide and would take up most of the space between her knuckles. Some were slender to the point they looked like they would snap. Other bands were braids of various metals or complicated celtic knots. Some were twisted to look like ivy growing in a circle. At least two appeared to be carved into the shape of a dragon curled in the sleeping position and there were a few orobous swallowing their own tails. Many had sparkling gems of all manner of cuts and colors. Several had patterns and designs picked out in the delicate jewels. ll were sharp and clear, of highest quality. These were clearly expensive pieces that had been made with some skill by a man who knew his craft. He set the tray down in front of her and regarded her as he tried to skim the strange static in her mind for an idea of what she would find the most pleasing.

Find Alois Henche

Played by Onii
Solo Demon
Kairos
Alehkar Garieptol's Heir
20 Threads
394 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 04-14-2018, 01:16 PM

Many parts of that answer would flag in many people's ears. Such an unusual thing. Preferred methods that employees should not benefit from. Preferred methods of business that they wouldn't understand or accept well enough to continue working here favorably, in a jewelry store that frankly appeared no different than the usual sort. Save the bars and high security, something that was really only necessary in a place like Ghost Town. A place of politicians and finances and business was not intrinsically one of them. But it was a preference that did not particularly raise yellow flags quite like those statements. The difference between another and Alois was (among many things) that she either had no idea what the implications were, or she simply had no problem bringing it to light. Never tended to cut corners, that one, and if anything made her bashful it'd not yet been found. “Ah. If you feel your employees would steal payment from you, perhaps you are not hiring the right ones.” The words were ambiguous of his, but the emotions were not. Whether or not she understood the gravity or practical use of them, who could say? But she stared at him for a moment, those hollow and emotionally-mute eyes regarding him for just a moment longer before she focused on the task at hand.

There was a wide variety of rings for her to look at. She did not wear gaudy things, because an obsidian the size of a golf ball looked massive on such a slender hand of a petite little creature. She liked the ones that stacked, she like the long Bohemian ones that fit nice around her size of her fingers. Engraved rings, the decoration built right into their metals. Nothing too large, but something quite clearly noticeable. “...My genesis was in January,” she says, and such a sterile word for it - but she was not raised with the belief that the process, or anything, really, of being a demon was remotely similar to being a filthy Human. “Which stone would be my birth stone?” perhaps because she did not yet know what she liked from this selection, narrowing it down and giving her somewhere to look. She lifted up some of them and inspected them like she knew what she was doing, or like she had flitted around enough people who knew what they were doing to know some amount of it. Mother was a stickler for jewelry. Alloys and Paladium melts and all sorts of things that the little shadow did not dabble in so much. She however did have a natural penchant towards the gemstones themselves, less so the metals that were used. dragons? such a curious thing for anyone to wear. What is the appeal of it? it would not be her wearing it, of course. She preferred abstract models. Same with the ouroboros, though she mentally remarked that Mother might like both of these types herself. Serpents were often interested with their own lore.

“speaking” | THINKING

Find Xavier Rush

Played by Spirit
Solo Demon
Unaffiliated
jeweler
18 Threads
284 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 04-14-2018, 01:24 PM

Xavier read the disdainful thoughts she had about dragons and he felt a flash of irritation wash through him. For anyone to disdain the greatest creature on this world was something that deeply bothered him. His dragons were hand shaped and exquisitely wrought examples of their pristine form. He choked back his irritation however and focused on answering her verbal statements. Reminding himself that he didn't wish to give away the nature of his powers over people. As long as they didn't know he could peak into their minds he had an advantage over them.

Xavier liked having power over people.

"I probably just haven't found the right type of employee yet. Madam is absolutely correct. As for your birthstone the jewel in question is the Garnet. It is a deep red stone that sparkles like freshly fallen blood. Darker than your average ruby. It is of medium expense and often looks good against pale settings where the depths of the stone can truly shine forth."

There were several garnet rings on the tray. Two set in pale platinum bands where the garnet chips were designed to look like fire cascading across the medium width bands. One ouroboros had garnet chips for eyes and a few garnet scales picked out down its back in a triangular design. There was a wide band with engraved rose vines traveling down it that was picked out in emeralds with deep garnet leaves for the blossoms. He also had a single rose gold ring that was a slender band with a carefully designed garnet stone set in a bed of small diamonds. All of the pieces were carefully crafted of the highest quality metals.

Find Alois Henche

Played by Onii
Solo Demon
Kairos
Alehkar Garieptol's Heir
20 Threads
394 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 04-14-2018, 02:46 PM

Nothing gaudy. Nothing flashy. Knew what it was she didn't want, but was yet open to discover what it was she did want. But when he spoke of the garnets, her eyes neatly pulled over to those specific pieces. The one she reached for after studying them all, however, was the platinum. The rose gold did not contrast well enough against the garnet to interest her, but the platinum...

“pale settings..” he repeats his choice of words, “like this band. or like me.” Perhaps a simple musing - albeit an odd one. Though, no one would be able to deny that she was ethereally porcelain in nature, in design, a curious little sprite that was the sort that hung just outside the walls of trees in the black of night, illuminated only by its own glow. She slipped the ring onto her ring finger and tilted it about to gaze at it in different angles of light, the prism of the stone reflecting its beauty back to her silver eyes. And then suddenly she was looking back up at him, such a fluid canting back of her head as though the mere necessity to do this in order to look into his eyes was something she did all the time. Adaptive. “This is a very nice ring. I like this ring.” and its style would make it easy for her to stack others on either side of it, keeping it the obvious centerpiece on her longest finger. “I had pearls, once. A choker. Tahitian black pearls. I do not expect you to have that here but it is okay. I have been told by many that something low hanging would instead accent my... whatever it is people pay attention to.” attention was control. Worship was favorable for a god.

“speaking” | THINKING

Find Xavier Rush

Played by Spirit
Solo Demon
Unaffiliated
jeweler
18 Threads
284 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 04-14-2018, 02:53 PM

His irritation faded as she selected a jewelry piece and examined it upon her finger. He nodded because it did look good against her pale skin. His eyes roaming up her form as he looked at her slender build and considered how well bruises would show on that pale opalescent flesh. He felt another spike of hungry lust. His demonic desire for dominion rearing it's ugly head but he didn't let it give way. Instead he offered her a smile that belied the heat in his gaze as he looked down upon her slender form.

"I do have some pearl necklaces, including black pearls. I don't believe I have a choker made of them at the moment. But I do have some lovely garnet pieces."

He saw that she preferred the pale settings so he set the rings back under the counter and locked the case. Then he walked over to a specific rack of hanging necklaces and began to sort through them. One was a garnet roughly the size of a man's thumbnail set inside of a serpent. It was on a "snake" style chain of platinum the piece was designed to look like the serpent had coiled against the owners neck and then looped again around the jewel to hold the blood red droplet in place. The stones sparkled brightly as he held it up for her to look at.

His gaze dropped to her slender torso as she discussed what it was the necklace was meant to accentuate and he considered her sleek physique. Anything too large wound make her look flat. But this would do well to draw attention to her pale mounds.

"This wound indeed suit in drawing attention to your cleavage. Should you choose to wear it. If you're not content with the length I can adjust the chain as a custom order. Though that costs extra."

He felt another spike of desire as he considered how he wanted her to pay him. His eyes hot as he looked her over once more.

Find Alois Henche

Played by Onii
Solo Demon
Kairos
Alehkar Garieptol's Heir
20 Threads
394 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 04-14-2018, 04:56 PM

There was a lot that contrasted against the ethereal little sprite's skin. The glow of a garnet sparkling dancing reflections of red against her skin, the boldness of a row of black pearls pressed against soft skin. Accentuated, but did she need to be? Something crafted by hand, something made as one of its kind, ornate in its design, colors mute as all things of marble or smooth stone carving.

He promised her more. Garnet, she decided, was a nice replacement for the pearl chokers that she no longer had. She followed him smoothly, fluidly, keeping to his heel as shadows were designed to do. Slinking about, barely noticeable. They were present anywhere that there was light, after all.

A pretty thing presented to a pretty lady. Perhaps favorable imagery to anyone looking on the outside. She locked her gaze onto the dangling thing that twinkled with the light of the jewelry shop above them. He spoke of it costing extra, to which the natural response to that for a Henche was “I do not think price will be an issue, Mr. Jewelry Maker,” because she did not know his name and most often did not need to in order to interact with others, “unless you have reason to believe I cannot afford your prices?” an unusual thing, of course, because in no way did she dress or hold herself in public as someone who could not hold out her hand at a Ferrari dealership and have a key shoved (fearfully) in her hand in under 5 minutes. Of course, perhaps she had entirely mistaken what he meant by 'costing extra.' Intelligent, but perhaps not very worldly. “I wish to try it, and then i will know if the chain must be a different length.” she demands in that smooth, unreadable tone of voice. Perfect articulation, smooth words all of the same timbre. A trained tune of a bird who could sing.

“speaking” | THINKING

Find Xavier Rush

Played by Spirit
Solo Demon
Unaffiliated
jeweler
18 Threads
284 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 04-14-2018, 05:04 PM

"Sometimes people don't pay with money. If they have something more valuable to offer."

His gaze ran hotly over her slender frame as he unclasped the necklace and draped it over her throat. Coming around behind her to clasp it behind her hair. He carefully lifted her hair up so that the chain would rest against her throat. His hands were calloused and warm, long thick digits that were skilled in many things. The leer in his voice was audible as he considered the ice queen before him.

The more arrogant and cold she presented herself the more he wanted her. It was a perverse desire and a part of him considered that it was one that could get him into trouble if he wasn't careful. He took a deep breath to control his reactions and the rawboned desire soaking his muscles and he stepped back and away from her. Offering her his direction as he motioned to the large mirror on the back wall of the shop. It would portray herself from head to toe and was wide enough for three people to stand side by side as they looked into it.

He had a grin on his lips and his blue eyes were sharp and warm. He looked at her as he stood before the mirror. His gaze examining her carefully as he stood with his hands resting on his hips. His thumbs hooked through the belt loops of his trousers. He was breathing in a slow steady motion and he did his best to hide the desire he was feeling. He didn't want to frighten the poor girl and spoil the deal. An ice princess was most likely a virgin and therefore extra sweet. Something to savor as he took its innocent and tossed it onto the floor of his VIP room.

A light shiver ran down his muscular frame as he looked at her. Fantasies already playing in his head as he considered her.

Find Alois Henche

Played by Onii
Solo Demon
Kairos
Alehkar Garieptol's Heir
20 Threads
394 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 04-14-2018, 05:24 PM

The thing about little gods is that while their realm of knowledge may have been very selective, they were never confused as to who they were. The worth of themselves. The desires, the preferences they kept. A god complex made that sort of thing incredibly easy, of course, and having been raised in an environment where both Henche Twins were aware that they were of a genesis of perfection. Where something they saw could be theirs only if they decided they wanted it and never if they decided they did not. A book to be read, a story to be continued or closed and put away. In her particular case it was as if marionettes, dolls, things to collect and put on a shelf. Little puppet strings tied around her slender fingers, or her soft uncalloused digits plucking skillfully at a harp's strings. Manipulating them. Playing with them to make a beautiful song.

She stood incredibly still as he dressed her neck with the necklace. Slower breaths, softer, her steely eyes staring into space. Very rarely did she allow herself to be neared let alone touched, but that was what it was all about wasn't? Allowance, because the ability to do such a thing came with control. Regarded appropriately or not regarded at all. One or the other. So she demanded to see how it looked and he dressed her in it.

He moves over to the mirror and she soon follows. She stands in the space of the long mirror enough for three people. Stands there but a foot and a half from its face, inspecting the jewelry that hang nice against her body. Hands unclasping from behind her back to touch the garnets of the piece. A dainty movement. And then she was looking at him in its reflecting. “...Something more..valuable. I wonder.” the words were softer now. Smooth like silk. Cogs turning in her head. “What exactly does one have that is worth allowing them something so.. perfect?” Money as far as she had ever known was the universal tribute. But, perhaps she would learn something.

“speaking” | THINKING

Find Xavier Rush

Played by Spirit
Solo Demon
Unaffiliated
jeweler
18 Threads
284 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 04-14-2018, 05:33 PM

Xavier grins of his own desires. He was aware of her high opinions floating through her head but he ignored them. Sure that she was overconfident. So many young demons thought they were greater than they were. The cocky dragon was convinced of his own greatness and he looked at her with desire in the mirror. His attention focused on her as he examined the way the pendant looked hanging between her small breasts. He felt his mouth dry a little as he considered what it would be like to bite them. His hands itching to strip her of her blouse and feast on her pale flesh. His blue eyes burning with an inner flame.

"Sometimes a thankful customer will make a trade. Give me their time and sweat and energy in return for the jewelry. A carnal exchange to so to speak."

He was growing bolder. His desire overwhelming his sense of caution as he looked at her. His tall powerful body trembling slightly as he looked at her. His blue gaze hot as he looked her over. His attention taking in every inch of her slender frame as he looked her over. He was in a mood and he was feeling a little reckless. Otherwise he might have gone slower as he looked at her.

The dragon towered over her and in his excitement a ripple of black scales washed over his skin, slowly starting at the head and descending down beneath his clothing until they reached his feet. His tanned flesh returning to normal after a moment. He looked at her and his gaze was hungry. He wanted her. He was contemplating whether he would accept her money or be more forceful with his desires.

Find Alois Henche

Played by Onii
Solo Demon
Kairos
Alehkar Garieptol's Heir
20 Threads
394 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 04-14-2018, 07:22 PM

Such a.. curious description of what payment he accepted instead of the monetary sort. She supposed she understood - or if she didn't, she believed she did. Ambiguous enough for her to take it as she wanted, whatever it was he was describing.

Despite the things that they might not grasp, a shadow's environment was not one of them. Very perceptive creatures no matter how they allowed it all to take place. Calm, aware, did not need to necessarily respond to something for it to be stored in their repertoire. An air about them such that it implied that they were the keepers of knowledge no matter how mute they were. All the time in the world and never in a rush to divulge. And so, as she watched him in the mirror and let her gaze follow the wave of transformation that came and went over her his body, she was aware that it was some sort of a reptile she was dealing with, though she'd yet to come across a dragon in the flesh. And there was the most minuscule twitch of her lips at one corner, the faintest little ghost of a smile which for the emotionally-mute creature was not unlike the long grins he'd been giving her - relatively speaking. The slightest show of emotion in a shadow was of importance. Foreboding, even if the rest of her would give him no warning.

“...I see. I believe that is a suitable price to ask for,” she says, and slowly turns to look at him not through a reflection, but instead directly at him. “so. how is it you will pay me, dragon? I am not a jewelry shop. It costs to look. and she was incredibly aware of how his eyes had skated over her, incredibly aware of the shift of emotions that the Empath could not be blocked from no more than he could be blocked from her thoughts - though perhaps she was unaware of that, unaware of the way his emotions changed any time she thought of something that would realistically cause it. ... “Perfection. Yes. I prefer to be reinstated for sharing that. My perfection, I should have been clearer. These stones will be lucky to sit on my skin. That is not enough. Homage will have to do.” because of course, the gems against her skin were nothing by comparison to such a centerpiece that she was. Born to two of the most powerful demons in The City, crime bosses who could conquer far more than the underground if they so wished. An heir whose worth was in billions, enough so that she'd fetch a pretty coin for headhunters who wanted to cash in on the Henches. Tireless efforts, all squashed. But each one only reinstated just what she was worth and she decided that, in this particular case, she'd just have to charge him for those skating, drilling glares across her skin.
Gods were meant to be worshipped.
Even that one who was the daughter of a clever snake.

“speaking” | THINKING

Subscribe to this thread Pages (4): 1 2 3 4 Next » Thread Closed