Played by Marinko
Human with Civil Demon
Kairos
Acedia Vicelord
14 Threads
185 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 04-16-2018, 09:09 AM

Dubravka shook her head slowly as she watched the woman snatch up the gun and pull her magic on the thing. The facade was subtle, but more than clear enough to Dubravka's discerning eye. She didn't hesitate even a moment to execute her plan, not one bit of unsurity in her action. No nagging thoughts of what might happen if something went wrong, and it very easily could have. Confidence, and decisiveness. Mixed with the cold callousness of wanting to impress so bad she was willing to put a friend in mortal danger to fulfill expectations, even if she had twisted the orders to try and satisfy her own goals above all else. She gave a nod and a smile to Kikio as she set the gun back on the coffee table, the smell of gunpowder still danced in the air.

"Very good, Ms. Gale. How absolutely ruthless. Not only did you not even bat an eye at aiming a live firearm at your old friend to impress me, you had the guile to throw together that jury rigged plan to keep her safe whilst also satisfying my orders. You're one cunning cunt. I like it. But in future, my orders take precedence, understood? Try to pull the wool over my eyes again and I promise you'll be flayed like a pig." She snapped, wavering between threat, warning, and admiration for the woman. Her face furrowed to a frown as Delilah began shrieking and sobbing.

"Sweetheart, you know I would never endanger you unnecessarily. I never would've let her fire. Perhaps you'd expect this of someone like me...however...take this as a lesson that when it comes to getting ahead, even those closest to us will throw us to the wolves for the opportunity. I wouldn't misplace your trust in this girl any further." She offered as Delilah stormed out of the room, shaking her head slowly. Truthfully, Dubravka felt bad for putting her in that position, but she had been left with no other choice. As she just said, some people were willing to gamble everything for a chance to earn a bit more. Dubravka had always been like that, and that impression was more than upfront. She wondered just how much Delilah expected the same heartlessness from Kikio though. As Delilah stormed out she turned her attention back to her prospective new employee.

"Harsh. You broke her heart. She'll never trust you the same way again, does that make you mad, that I forced you to do that?" She asked, raising the bottle of vodka to her lips to take a sip directly from the neck, looking down the length of the cloudy crystal bottle with a wide, expectant eye. She slammed it back down on the table with a heavy sigh as the alcohol burned her throat.

"Next, you swear yourself to me, and we get you fitted for something less slutty and ragged than the trash you're wearing right now." She said, nostrils flared in disgust as she pointed at Kikio's clothing like she wore nothing but a burlap sack and fishnet stockings.

Find Kikio Gale

Played by Drusilla
Human with Civil Demon
Kairos
Acedia Hit Woman || Unofficial Pet
18 Threads
121 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 04-16-2018, 10:21 PM

I’m looking for some help, I need someone to save my ass.

Kikio's poker face never broke as she watched Delilah run out of the room. She knew that she had just broken something sacred but then it wasn't the first time she'd done this. She hoped she could start to make it right though by showing her something pretty. She reached out with her dominion over paper and made one of her notebook papers fold itself into an origami rose on her desk. Maybe then Delilah would decide to listen to her after they were done here. She was never going to kill Delilah, she could never but she also wanted this job more than anything else.

Listening to what Dubravka speak she nodded. "Understood ma'am. You're orders as spoken, no modifications." She said almost robotic in her delivery. It scared her where it came from but any emotions that she may have had because of all this were not relevant. She moved her studded boot up and down as settled down to listen again. She shrugged "Why? You may have told me to shoot her but it was my choice to do so. If there is anyone I should be mad at it would be at myself for doing it. I followed orders because I choose to. The same choice I'm making now to swear my services and loyalty to you Ms. Peruskovic." She said.

She knew what she was doing. Ok, no Kikio didn't really. She didn't understand the gravity of the choice she was making but what gave it value was that it was her choice. She was doing this because she wanted to not because anyone else was making her. That power was one that she didn't want to let go. Maybe working for Dubravka would make her stronger personality wise. Maybe she would learn how to gain some control over herself for once. Maybe she would learn how to give Julien the finger once in a while instead of letting him tare her down over and over again.

Kikio allowed herself a smirk just then. She'd been criticized because of her clothing before. Studded leather jackets and sudo cutoff shorts did not exactly scream professional. Though Kikio had been wise enough not to use the cutoffs that may as well had been denim underwear for how much they covered. In retrospect, she was dressed quite conservatively but she understood that it wasn't what was needed for the job she was taking. "So what I get a suit?" She asked thinking of the games she had seen. Hitman wore the best suit after all.

BY MITZI

Find Delilah

Played by Scruffy Matt
Solo Demon
Kairos
Personal Assistant
10 Threads
143 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 04-16-2018, 10:41 PM

Delilah heard but didn't acknowledge Dubravka's words as she left the room. It was nice of her to say, and Delilah figured she actually meant it, Dubravka didn't say things she didn't mean. But that meant Dubravka meant it when she said for Kikio to shoot Delilah, precautions or no. The one that really hurt was Kikio. But the more Delilah thought about it, what did she expect Kikio to do? If Kikio refused the whole thing would be for nothing and probably upset Dubravka that they wasted her time. It would have been nice for Kikio to hesitate even a little, but how could Dubravka trust anyone who hesitated?

Her thoughts kept going back and forth between scolding and defending Dubravka and Kikio. She had calmed down a bit since leaving the room. Her body was no longer wracked by uncontrollable sobbing and weeping. Now she just gave an occasional sob while wiping her eyes. She expected an apology, certainly from Kikio and possibly Dubravka. But she was resolved not to have this change them. Kikio was still one of her dearest friends, and Dubravka did say Kikio tried to be sneaky about shooting her which told Delilah Kikio never intended to shoot her, which was comforting in it's own way.

Delilah looked at the office door wondering what the two of them were talking about. She pondered going back in to do her job, but even if she did want to forgive Dubravka and Kikio she still couldn't look at them right now, not without breaking down again. A soft noise from her desk distracted Delilah from her thoughts and looked over to see a piece of paper folding itself into a rose. Delilah picked up the rose and held it gently in her hands getting a closer look. She gave a small sobbing laugh knowing this was the start of an apology from Kikio. "Thank you," she said quietly to herself holding the rose to her chest with her eyes shut before placing the origami back on her desk. It was going to be alright.

Find Dubravka Peruskovic

Played by Marinko
Human with Civil Demon
Kairos
Acedia Vicelord
14 Threads
185 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 04-17-2018, 01:37 AM

Dubravka nodded as she reached for her breast pocket to produce a carton of cigarettes. It seemed the meeting was closing, and things had gotten a touch more stressful than she anticipated. She snapped her fingers and the cigarette ignited with a spark. She quickly brought the thing to her lips and took a long drag, blowing a cloud of smoke into the air between them. She reached both of her lanky arms across the table, one offering Kikio a smoke and the other expecting a handshake. They would shake on their dealings here today, that swear of allegiance meant nothing without the symbolic bond in Dubravka's eye.

"Alright, that's enough ass kissing kid. You did good, you got the job. I'm married, so stop trying to tongue fuck me." She ordered, cackling at her own crude comment. "What do you need immediately to get started? Living arrangements? Weaponry? Rent for the month?" She asked, more than ready to start making those important calls to get her new asset to full functionality as soon as possible.

Her eyes ran up Kikio's body once again. "Precisely. You'd look in a suit. It's not like you've got much to show off anyway. We're not so different, in that respect." She said, with her devilish crooked grin. Her eye flicked to the door to her office. She wanted to go deal with Delilah, but she needed to wrap up this meeting first.

Find Kikio Gale

Played by Drusilla
Human with Civil Demon
Kairos
18 Threads
121 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 04-17-2018, 02:18 AM

Kikio bit her lip. Yeah, she needed a smoke right now so she took the cigarette while shaking the woman's thin hand. She knew just by the way Dubravka lit the cigarette and had manipulated the gun that one of her dominions had something to do with explosives. That alone let Kikio know that she was in it deep. Still, she was proud of herself for getting what she came for. Small victories. One at a time. This was how she was going to get her life back together. Kikio got the lighter out of her pocket and lit the cigarette in her mouth. She instantly felt better as she took the first pull.

A snort-like laugh came from her when she mentioned tongue fucking her. If she only knew. Kikio felt that she didn't need to mention the particulars of her personal life. Not that she thought that woman would care anyway. "Somewhere to live would be nice. What I'm working with right now is… Very temporary." She said rubbing her neck where the bite mark she had been given was still healing. Damn hydra.

"And your basic berretta and knife set will do. Nothing fancy." She said with a grin. Kikio figured that she would earn the rest by proving her skills. It had always been true beforehand and she'd do the same now. A true grin spread on her face now. Who would have thought that she'd get a job where she would get to wear a suit for a living. Not bad for a high school drop out. "Hey, makes it easier to move when you don't get to worry about bumping into things you know." She said shrugging. As much as she had moaned about her lack of breasts she had to admit she did like her own figure. For what it was good for anyway.

BY MITZI

Find Delilah

Played by Scruffy Matt
Solo Demon
Kairos
Personal Assistant
10 Threads
143 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 04-17-2018, 07:30 AM

Delilah had finally stopped crying and was working on getting herself back to being presentable. She was standing before the bathroom mirror straightening out her clothes and hair. Delilah wiped off the makeup that had dripped down her cheeks and mouth, it was almost like a cleansing ritual. When she had cleaned up all of the stray drips and smudges Delilah set about replacing the ruined makeup with fresh. She didn't use a lot, certainly not like Madame Liliana did. Not that succubi or demons in general needed makeup. To Liliana it was a symbol of status, her way of telling everyone at The Blushing Rose 'I take hours to do my makeup and make astounding creations because I can, and will walk around all day with it because nothing will cause it to smudge or run'. Delilah simply liked to use some eyeliner, lipliner and lip gloss most days unless she was going out and then she may add some eyeshadow or other small touches.

When Delilah was satisfied with her work she gave a nod of approval to herself and returned to her desk. She then set about to busy herself with work, claking away at the keyboard not wanting to think about Dubravka or Kikio or the rose on her desk lest she start crying again. As it was any apology offered was likely to illicit a few tears and she would have to do her makeup all over again. But if that was the worst thing to come of all this it would be worth it.

Find Dubravka Peruskovic

Played by Marinko
Human with Civil Demon
Kairos
Acedia Vicelord
14 Threads
185 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 04-17-2018, 07:44 AM

Dubravka flicked ashes onto the floor and held her cigarette aloft, watching as the smoke trailed upwards in front of her face. She maintained a neutral expression. "Very well, you'll be set up with a studio apartment somewhere in Grootslang. Get your shit together ASAP. I'll send someone to collect you in the next few days. Your weapons and some cash will be left waiting for you. Beretta is a beautiful choice, by the way." She said, a smile tugging the corners of her lips. She liked those with a good taste in weaponry, and respected and admired those who decisively knew what they wanted.

"I'll ask Delphi about getting you some more serious equipment. She's an Avaritia associate, and my beautiful other half. She'll only provide the best. I assure you. In return, I expect the best from your work. Don't fuck up. That should be a given, but you'd be surprised the type of braindead halfwits who walk through those doors." She said, shaking her head with a scoff as she gestured to the office doors with the tip of her cigarette.

With that, she snuffed out the cigarette on the edge of the table and stood up, rolling her shoulders as they had stiffened from sitting hunched forwards for so long. "If there's nothing else, show yourself out. Delilah can handle your contact info. Besides, I'm sure you'll need an excuse to talk to her now." She said, another snort of amusement escaping her nose. She shooed Kikio towards the door with a flick of her fingers as she began making her way back to the large desk at the back of the room. It had been a clumsy but profitable impromptu meeting. She would have to treat Delilah to something nice as an apology, but it could wait for now. Kikio Gale, assassin for hire. She hoped the girl would live up to her attitude, and not end up dead at her doorstep like so many overly cocky young affiliates did in this business.

Find Kikio Gale

Played by Drusilla
Human with Civil Demon
Kairos
18 Threads
121 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 04-17-2018, 11:36 PM

Well wasn't this a trip. Kikio got to live in fucking Groostlang of all places. Kikio was Ghost Town filth through and through so to get a place in Groostlang was mark of how things were changing for her. Kikio gave a nod. "Do or do not. There is no try. As Yoda would say. I will do give ya nothen' but my best ma'am." She said. Kikio meant it too. Even if that meant she was making her hands dirty for money it wasn't any different then what she used to do. The stripper pole was something that she was trying to avoid now for reasons that where clear but that didn't mean she'd be completely clean. Not that she was meant be in the first place.

Kikio got up when she was dismissed. She quickly found Delilah and without a moment's thought she wrapped her up in a hug. "I am so fucking sorry I can't even start to tell you." She said getting down on one knee so she could be level with the chair. "Look I know what I did in there was fucked up beyond all reason but if I didn't pull the trigger when she said I would have walked out of there with nothing you know that. And wasn't going to let you get hurt in the first place." She said holding up her hand.

Kikio made a small force field over her hand and smiled. "I was going to warp the bullet in a shield so it would bounce off ya when it got there." Kikio explained then put what was left of her cigarette to her lips. She got up and put her hands through her short hair. "It was fucked up. I admit that. I will never stop being sorry for scaring ya like that." She said finally before taking out a card from her pocket and writing down her burner number as if Delilah didn't already have it. She was getting a new address after all so that didn't need on it.

BY MITZI

Find Delilah

Played by Scruffy Matt
Solo Demon
Kairos
Personal Assistant
10 Threads
143 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 04-18-2018, 09:20 AM

Delilah easily returned Kikio's hug, closing her eyes and simply drinking in Kikio's familiar smell of cherry blossoms. It always made her feel better which is probably why it remains one of her favorite scents. Even when Delilah was literally ridden hard and put away wet and Kikio would comfort her like now, she would always smell the cherry blossoms. "I know," Delilah said taking her friend's hand in hers. It was a reply to everything Kikio said. About her being sorry, about how had she not done it she would have walked out with nothing, and that she wouldn't let her get hurt.

Delilah smiled when Kikio showed her the force field. "You always did try to get one over on somebody," teasing her friend trying to show everything was alright. The old Delilah would have already been plotting revenge. The old Delilah would have dismissed Kikio with a snarky comment and icy stare. 2000 years of beatings, abuse, humiliation and rape changes a demon. Especially when you have only one person you could even consider a friend within those two millennia. Delilah stood up and ran a hand through Kikio's hair as well. "You don't have to be sorry anymore. If you never stop being sorry, we can't put it behind us. Your friendship means the world to me. And I don't want anything to come between us. So let's just pretend like today never happened."

Delilah took the card and placed it next to the paper rose on her desk. She then looked to Kikio with a soft smile, leaned in and gave her a peck on the lips before taking the opportunity to pull Kikio into a warm embrace and drink in her lovely scent one more time trying to keep it as long as she could. Delilah then stepped back holding Kikio's hands in hers. "Everything's fine. I'll call you."

Find Kikio Gale

Played by Drusilla
Human with Civil Demon
Kairos
18 Threads
121 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 04-20-2018, 03:54 PM

Kikio nodded as she held on to Delilah a little longer. Those candied strawberries bringing back some of the few good memories that came from being locked in that house. When she was slashed open and used like toy Kikio could count on Delilah to make her feel better. "Yeah ya can pretend like today never happened, I can too." Kikio said then kissed her back sweetly. If she could she would, Kikio having no limits who she loved or how many but the bite mark on her neck made it so she kept her hands to herself. For the most part.

Kikio couldn't help but give Delilah an extra cuddle. The candied strawberries getting to her brain a little. "Alright. Thanks, De I owe ya the world for this." She said her smile wide. Kikio was still processing what had just happened. " I get an apartment in Groostlang, can you believe it?" She asked. Kikio bit her lip thinking about it. The place she was staying in was nice. More than nice. Alius was as rich as he was possessive and staying there would be best. If it were not the small fact that he was trying to keep her hidden from his parents.

Kikio would rather live somewhere less fancy than live in fear of two demons that might kill her if they see her. "I'll see ya later ok. We need to party at one point." She said. She ran her hands through her hair and shot Delilah one more grin before she left the office. The young woman could not have been more happy with herself if she found a way to make Julien shut up. Never mind that the demon clown had not spoken to her all this time. Never mind that he was quietly laughing at her for what she had just agreed to do.

BY MITZI

Find Delilah

Played by Scruffy Matt
Solo Demon
Kairos
Personal Assistant
10 Threads
143 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 04-20-2018, 11:14 PM

"You're quite welcome, Kikio," Delilah returned Kikio's smile with one of her own. She was happy things were getting back to normal quickly. In a few days this would be a forgotten nightmare. "That's wonderful, Kikio! Let me know when you get moved in, I can't wait to come and visit! You'll probably have to kick me out." Delilah gave a playful wink but she couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy. Dubravka hadn't offered to find her a place to stay when Delilah started working for her. But there was a marketable difference between an assassin and a secretary. Plus that was Dubravka's decision, certainly not anything she would hold against Kikio.

"OK," Delilah said giving Kikio a small wave and one last deep inhale of her scent to remember her by. "I wouldn't miss it. I'll call you." When Kikio left the office, Delilah watched the door for a moment giving a happy sigh. She was glad to enjoy a brief moment of respite and contentment, it likely was not going to last. Delilah turned to the door to Dubravka's inner office and squared her shoulders. She tugged and smoothed her clothing in places making sure she was as presentable as possible before letting out a soft exhale of breath and after readying herself walked into Dubravka's office.

"Ms. Peruskovic I am so sorry," she exclaimed immediately upon opening the door before Dubravka could even respond. "I never meant to undermine your authority to another employee by yelling at you and you know I have nothing but the highest respect for you." Delilah managed to keep her emotions in check and not start allowing any further tears to flow, although she felt at any second the well spring of emotion inside of her might burst forth again. "I was just so scared of being shot and I know that's no excuse but the whole thing just caught me completely off guard and I panicked and I am so sorry Ms. Peruskovic and I pray somehow you will forgive me."

Find Dubravka Peruskovic

Played by Marinko
Human with Civil Demon
Kairos
Acedia Vicelord
14 Threads
185 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 04-21-2018, 09:42 AM

Dubravka shook her head slowly as Delilah burst into the room and began ranting off a hundred apologies and excuses at her. It was almost painful, to see her so guilt ridden over a mistake and betrayal Dubravka had made. None of this was her fault, none of it at all. She had nothing to apologize for in the slightest. She got out of the chair and took slow, silent steps towards the girl standing in front of her desk. As she approached, her arms extended and gripped Delilah tightly, pulling her close, into a gentle hug.

"Hush girl. You've done nothing wrong. Your reaction was more than justified, and I did something cruel for the sake of business. Do not hate me for making the choices that must be made for our enterprise. I assure you, it was nothing personal, and had I had another option I would've taken it. That is no excuse however. I hope you can find it in yourself to forgive me." She stressed, running a hand through Delilah's hair gently. She slowly pulled from the embrace, still maintaining her grip on the girl's shoulders. She looked eye to eye with Delilah.

"You are an amazing employee, Delilah. One of my best. You were betrayed, by me, and by your friend. I would expect nothing short of what you said as a reaction to something so unfair to you. Please, you have to trust that I will not put you in any uncessary danger. You're too important to lose. Understand me?" She said, looking down the bridge of her nose expectantly.

Find Delilah

Played by Scruffy Matt
Solo Demon
Kairos
Personal Assistant
10 Threads
143 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 04-22-2018, 05:58 AM

Delilah had been able to keep herself in check, until the hug. She didn't break down again, but a few silent tears trickled down her cheeks. Dubravka was wonderful. She could see why Delphina was so lucky. Delilah wiped the tears from her cheeks when Dubravka released the hug and gave her boss a warm smile and small laugh of relief.

"Of course I forgive you, Ms. Peruskovic," most people in her position would likely have offered forgiveness out of necessity of employment. Delilah had learned long ago about the importance of actual forgiveness. "And thank you for your understanding and kind words. I do trust you, Ms. Peruskovic, and I completely understand." Delilah gave Dubravka another quick hug before going over to the couch and collecting her pad and pen where they had landed.

Delilah walked to the office door and upon opening it stopped herself and turned to Dubravka with a cheerful smile. "I'll get back to work now, miss, thank you." Delilah spoke softly before gently closing the door behind her. She then sat back down at her desk and began to type up the necessary forms for Kikio to start her employment.

Subscribe to this thread Pages (2): « Previous 1 2 Thread Closed